Ethiopia entry requirement
In order to control the spread of COVID-19, the Ethiopian Government requires all arriving passengers entering Ethiopia to quarantine for 7 days at the expense of the passengers, except travelers who can bring certificate of negative PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia.
All travelers arriving at Bole International airport who can bring a certificate of negative PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia, will be required mandatory 14-day self-quarantine at home after giving sample upon arrival.
1. All travelers with NO certificate of negative PCR SAR-CoV test done up to 5 days before arrival to Ethiopia as well as returnees will be quarantined at selected hotels including the Ethiopian Skylight Hotel for 7 days at passenger’s own expense or will be placed at different quarantine centers for 7 days. After 7 days, travelers will be tested and then self-isolated for an additional 7 days at home.
2. Diplomats will be quarantined at their respective Embassies and are required to give swab upon arrival.
3. Passengers who have a certificate of Negative PCR SAR-CoV test are required to bring a printed copy of the result
4. Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) certificate is NOT acceptable.
5. The above quarantine requirement does not apply for transit passengers.